Covered Sketchbook

Friday, October 2, 2015


So I used my hand-painted patterned paper to cover a sketchbook! The sketchbook I've been doing my daily sketches in (if you follow me on Instagram). I picked out one of the rich berry colours and painted a sheet of paper to line the inside of the sketchbook too.


The sketchbook was a kraft covered one with staple binding but when I was covering the sketchbook one of the staples came away from the cover so I was given the opportunity to try out my bookbinding skills!


I used some of the holes that were already there from the staples so it was pretty straightforward and I already had some linen thread in my sewing box. It's really strong stuff and I love the natural colour.


It actually added a nice extra handmade feel to the outside of the sketchbook too! I think it's a good idea to make something you're going to use every day that little bit extra special. To entice you to use it more! : )


I love how it turned out and it feels great to touch too! I thought I'd give you a peek at a few pages from my sketchbook too.


It's just a place to experiment and get the creative juices flowing. Anything goes really, paint, pen, pencil, collage... I usually set a limit of 30 minutes so as not to overwork things, as I have a tendency to do!


I usually sketch things out in pencil but I went straight in there with a black pen for this, very liberating actually! With surprising results.


This one is a mix of black pen with acrylic paints! I've been sticking to my favourite subjects at the moment, nature but I'm hoping to get braver and try new subject matter. Oh I've also been dabbling in hand embroidery, it's a slower process but I'm really loving it! I'll share some of my results soon!

That's all for now, hope you have a lovely weekend! We've had some unexpected sunshine all this week but I think the rain is about to return! It was nice while it lasted though! : )


7 comments

  1. Your work is amazing! I'd love to see a coloring book with your art work (hint) 😉 I really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Gerry! A coloring book would be pretty cool alright, it had crossed my mind actually!

      Delete
  2. I love your covered sketchbook! And I love the sketches that you shared: you really are a talented artist!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.