Owl Illustrations

Tuesday, October 6, 2015


So I finally got around to illustrating some of the owls that I saw at the Scottish Owl Centre for my bird illustration challenge. First up is the Eurasian Eagle Owl.


I'm still trying to get comfortable with my style, I think it's evolving, I'm never sure where it's going to take me next! I used a mix of acrylic paints, white pigment pen and black ink pen. Here's the Snowy Owl, like the one Harry Potter had! : )


And finally my favourite owl, the Barn Owl (the european one, I only recently found out there are different types of Barn Owl around the world!).


I've lots more owl photos that I took at the Scottish Owl Centre to work from, so I'm sure you'll be seeing a few more owls popping in from time to time! : )


That's all for now, I hope you like my owls! Have a creative week! : )





4 comments

  1. Beautiful paintings Clare! I've especially loved seeing your bird paintings, since I love to watch birds! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! I love watching them too!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.