Felting fun!

Tuesday, December 15, 2015


I mentioned in my last post I was taking part in a felting workshop at the weekend, well I had such a great time! It was a two hour workshop in my hometown of Tralee at Craft Makers which has just recently opened, it's a beautiful building with a craft shop on the ground floor and workshop space upstairs. We did some sculptural needle felting, I made this little bird ornament and finished him off at home with some beads!


We also learned how to do wet felting and made some Christmas baubles. It was great to try both wet and dry felting, they're both so completely different. I couldn't pick one over the other!


I just loved how tactile the whole process was and I've already ordered some materials so I can do some more! I'm only just getting familiar with all the different types of wool you can get but I do like the slightly more coarse wool. Can't wait to visit Kerry Woolen Mills!


That's all for now, I'm just finishing off my Christmas cards. I did some lino cutting for my card this year, will share in my next post! Hope you're nearly ready for Christmas, I still have some shopping to do! : )


6 comments

  1. Nice projects, Clare. I have been wet felting for a few years here and there and tried needle felting for the first time this summer. Both are so much fun. I enjoy Nuno felting silk scarves. I need to do a felting blog post soon, too. Sounds like a great craft workshop in your town now. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charmaine! Yes it is a lot of fun. I'm off to check out Nuno felting silk scarves thanks! : ) Yes, do a felting blog post soon, I'd love to see what you make!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous Clare. Have a wonderful Christmas X X X

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bird is so sweet Clare!! I love it! I'm thinking that you may like birds as much as I do: They are in so much of your art! :-) have a wonderful Christmas!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! I do love birds! They're so wonderful to watch. Have a lovely Christmas too! : )

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.