Kinetic Cards - Snow Angel and Gingerbread Man

Thursday, December 10, 2015


In the Christmas edition (issue 150) of Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine I was commissioned to design some really fun kinetic cards! These were quite the challenge to figure out and I played with several prototypes before I got the mechanism working right. It was tricky to get both the arms and legs moving at the same time and with a good range of motion. I also illustrated the little girl making snow angels and the gingerbread man for this. Both the templates for the mechanism and designs for the illustrations are at the back of the magazine.






That's all for now! I hope you're more prepared for Christmas than I am, I don't know where the time goes to! Oh, I'm taking part in a needle-felting workshop at the weekend, I can't wait to try it out! I'll let you know how it goes! : )